- Who we are and how to contact us
- How we collect your personal information
- The types of information we collect
- Ensuring your personal information is only used where lawful
- Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
- Sharing your information
- Business Administration and Legal Compliance
- Behavioral Advertising
- How can I unsubscribe from marketing communications?
- Third party links and services
- How long do we keep your personal information for?
- Confidentiality and security of your personal information
- How to access your information and your other rights
Diamantine UK Share Tools
Diamantine UK is committed to protecting your personal information.
This Policy also sets out your right to request that we delete, update, transfer or provide you with access to your personal information. This Policy should be read alongside our Terms & Conditions.
Who we are and how to contact us
The site Diamantine UK is operated by Diamantine UK.
The site uk.diamantine.com is operated by Maroc Style Ltd.
How we collect your personal information
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing online, over the phone, in person when you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how customers use our website, so that we can offer the best possible experience.
- We collect information in a number of ways which are listed below:
- When you register or use uk.diamantine.com (the "Website")
- When you contact Diamantine UK by telephone or email
- When you enter any event, prize draws or competitions run by Diamantine UK.
- When completing any surveys that we send to you for research purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete these)
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes
- When you buy products, gift cards (details of transactions you make from Diamantine UK)
- From time to time, we may also get data about you from third parties. This could include other partners that we have run partnerships, competitions and events with.
The types of information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
Here are some examples of information we collect about you when you interact with us (as detailed in point 3):
- Name and Surname
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Contact phone number(s)
- Purchase information
- Interactions with us e.g. contacting our Customer Service
- Payment details
- Delivery address(s)
- Billing address
- Attendance at events
- Automatically populated IP address*
- Information from cookies**
*When visiting our website we may collect an automatically populated IP address. An IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device (such as your mobile or tablet) to browse the internet. We may also record the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version.
** “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Information we obtain independently from you:
“Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Third Party Organisations.
We may combine information you have given to us with additional information made available from / shared with us by external sources. This will only be done when we both have a lawful basis to do so.
From time to time we may screen our database against recognised data files such as National Change of Address file to help us keep our database up to date.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Information available publicly.
We may include information found in places such as Companies House and information that has been published in for example articles/ newspapers / online.
Ensuring your personal information is only used where lawful
In order for our use of your personal information to comply with applicable data protection law, that use by us needs to fall under at least one of the specific lawful reasons that are set out in applicable data protection law. Examples of these lawful reasons include our use of your personal information being necessary for the purchase of goods or services, or for compliance with a legal obligation.
Where your personal information is completely anonymised, we do not require a legal basis to use it as the information will no longer constitute personal information that is regulated under data protection laws. However, our collection and use of such anonymised personal information may be subject to other laws where your consent is required.
Where your personal information is not in an anonymous form, we will have a lawful reason to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best products to you and our other customers.
Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
At Diamantine UK we like to get to know our customers – after all, this is how we find new ways to provide you with an extraordinary experience. We use information about you in a number of ways, including providing services that you have requested, offering you a personalised experience and informing you about special events or exciting Diamantine UK news. We might also use the information we have to contact you about any information we might need to process your orders, returns or queries.
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
Fulfilment of and delivery of products and services you have ordered. We may share your personal information with our delivery partners and third party concessions.
- Process payments. Diamantine UK does not store any payment card numbers once the transaction has been completed. We share your personal information with credit card companies and other payment providers.
- Contact you with important information relating to your booking or purchase, such as confirming your order, letting you know about returns and refunds. We share your information with our communication partners for this purpose.
- Process your tax free rebates. We share your personal information with HMRC.
Where we have your consent:
- Send you marketing updates via email about all the latest news, events and offers at Diamantine UK. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in any email. We share your personal information with a variety of third party email marketing providers who assist us in delivering our email marketing campaigns to you. Third Parties include: Ometria & Shopify Apps.
- Use your details to show you advertising on such Social Media platforms as Facebook and Instagram or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. Online advertising channels we may use are: digital display, video on demand, search engine marketing, paid social - these are all on third party sites or platforms.
- We may tailor emails and online advertising to the things you love, so they’re relevant to your location, what you have shown an interest in and the things you buy from us.
- Where we have justifiable reason (legitimate interest):
- Respond to customer service enquiries raised online, social media or on the phone. Zen Desk operates our Customer Service and use case management systems.
- Send an abandoned browse / basket email via a third party supplier, Ometria.
- Invite you to provide feedback about our products and services in the form of online, email, or surveys. We use this information to help us improve the quality of service provided; to monitor the quality of our products and services and to assist with the selection of future product and service lines. We use a third party service provider to assist us with customer surveys and feedback requests. Third party providers (if used) has personal information governed by EU Model Contracts.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
Where we have collected your contact details in the process of a sale (or negotiations of a sale) online, of a product or service, Diamantine UK will have PECR compliant permission to send you email marketings. We will only send you emails to market Diamantine UK products and services.
You will be able to say no to receive these emails when we first collect your contact details and you will be able to unsubscribe in every subsequent communication from us.
Sharing your information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use third party platforms to manage and deliver customer relationship management (CRM); email marketing campaigns and online advertising. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We will check any third party that we use to ensure that they can provide sufficient guarantees regarding the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We will have written contracts with them which provide assurances regarding the protections that they will give to your personal information and their compliance with our data security standards and international transfer restrictions.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Business Administration and Legal Compliance
In certain circumstances, we share and/or are obliged to share your personal information for business administration and legal compliance purposes with third parties outside Diamantine UK.
We may use your personal information in connection with a business transition (such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all of or portion of our assets), to enforce our legal rights and or to protect the rights of third parties and it is in our legitimate interest to do so. In such instances it will be necessary to share your personal information with external professional advisors such as lawyers and accountants, or insurers or financial institutions.
We may use your personal information for legal compliance purposes and to enforce our legal rights. In such instances it will be necessary to share your personal information with external parties such as administrative authorities (HMRC), police and public prosecutors or to comply with a court order. It is our legal obligation to do so.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
How can I unsubscribe from marketing communications?
There are a number of ways you can unsubscribe. These are as follows:
You can click onto the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Each "unsubscribe" link only relates to that specific type of communication (e.g. marketing communications or survey communications). This means that unsubscribing from marketing communications will not automatically unsubscribe you from our survey communications (or vice versa). Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
Direct mail, you can manage your preferences (see banner at the bottom of email communications).
To stop Whatsapp push notifications, send “Stop” within the group chat.
Alternatively, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Party Links and services
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and Diamantine UK does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We keep your personal information in line with our company retention policy. We only retain information for as long as it is required.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Confidentiality and security of your personal information
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. We do not sell your personal information for any purpose.
We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification; and
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our employees and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all users of our Services.
How to access your information and your other rights
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you: Your right of access
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Your right to correct information
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you’re entitled to have it corrected. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the changes where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to delete information
You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to restrict information
You can ask us to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us processing it. It won’t stop us from storing your personal information though. We’ll tell you before we lift any restriction. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the restriction where it is possible for us to do so. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to data portability
With effect from 25 May 2018, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you’ve provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
Your right to object
You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are:
Relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal information, except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing; or processing your personal information for direct marketing.
Your rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it’s based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
Your right to withdraw consent
If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Cookies make your www.uk.diamantine.com experience more enjoyable – and below we have explained exactly what they are, why we use them and how they work.
Here's a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for: Google
These shows us how you found www.uk.diamantine.com and which website you came from, helping us work out which of our online marketing channels is most effective. They also allow us to reward certain websites for directing you to us.
- We use this to determine whether or not your web browser supports some of the features that make our checkout process quicker and easier to complete.
- This is an A/B testing tool that allows us to serve different content to our users. We use the data to identify the best experience for our customers, helping us to improve and optimise our website for future visitors. All cookie data is anonymous and we’ll never share it with other any third parties.
Diamantine UK 'share' tools
We know you love to share the great content we have on www.uk.diamantine.com. Please be aware that social networking sites, like Facebook and Twitter, might send cookies. We don't control the setting of these third-party cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Facebook, AWIN and Google
Sometimes we'll advertise on third party websites and these cookies are used to help see which advertisements you click on and interact with. Each individual advertiser uses its own tracking cookies and the data taken is not confidential or interchangeable.
We hope that explains things clearly – and please be aware you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can delete them yourself if you wish. For full information on how to delete cookies please visit aboutcookies.org (this will open in a new window – please note that we can't be responsible for the content of external websites).
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
THE CHARTER BUILDING
Maroc Style Ltd is using exclusively the brand DIAMANTINE in UK under control of SOFTRETAIL SARL through a Brand License agreement. MAROC STYLE Ltd is the only responsible for the content published in the UK WebsiteDiamantine UK